- pizza (fat and salt)
- canned soup (sodium)
alcohol – slow’s digestion and can cause you to retain water. hydrate to counteract
- cruciferous vegetables,
- cabbage, (bc affinose and fructan content)
- seltzer bc it injects air into the belly
- diet sodas – in addition, the artificial sweetners can trigger madness
- raw spinach, chopped, in smoothies, or sauteed in some olive oil
- onions, contain fructans which are hard to breakdown
- protein bars – many contain soybeans and they are the magical fruit!
- dried fruit – if you have fructose malabsorption, it can be challenging breakdown. Choose fresh over dried
- button mushrooms, contain polyols, surgar alcohols which are hard to digest.
- artificial sweeteners. they are, by design, not digestible which satisfies your sweet tooth but can stretch your belly! Sort of the opposite of a zero calorie treat no?
- Beans and lentils, more of thos oligosaccharides (the indigestible sugars).
dairy products – most of us are lactose intolerant and that’s a sure-fire way to bloat your belly! Not to mention all the pus… icky!
- milk alternatives – look out for carrageenan which is often used to thicken milk alternatives. This can lead to inflammation, bloating, and other gastrointestinal issues